Here are a few great resources for coaches.
All coaches, instructors, counselors, and staff must receive training on Concussion Protocols and Protecting Students from Abuse, and successfully pass a Background Check. Please visit the following websites for free training. Certificates can be downloaded or printed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The courses are now mandatory for ALL commissioners, coaches, assistant coaches, instructors, and counselors.
- Select "Courses" from the top menu. The required courses include Protecting Students from Abuse, and Concussion Course. You will have to create an account and "purchase" the courses. They are free of charge. They are about 30 minutes each.
- First Aid and Fundamentals of Coaching are also great courses!
PROCEDURES FOR COACHES:
- Check with commissioners to determine need for coaches. Information can be found on individual sports pages.
- Register online through our online registration system (Active Camp and Class Manager) and complete necessary information. Coaches also sign the Code of Conduct in the registration process.
- Background check:
- For Hockey, Basketball, Cheerleading, Wrestling, and Clinics - complete background check form below and email it to email@example.com
- For Baseball, Softball, Soccer, and Flag Football - you will receive an invitation to complete information online once you register through Active and commissioners receive your information. These will be set up in a different system according to their league guidelines
- Complete the Concussion Course and email certificate to Commissioner and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Protecting Students from Abuse Course and email certificate to Commissioner and email@example.com
- Sign and turn in Coach Code of Conduct form
- Attend pre-season meetings, evaluations and draft
|File Size:||82 kb|
|File Size:||108 kb|